Friday, February 8, 2008

Emergency Response Training

I'm working on becoming a member of Apple's Medical Emergency Response Team (MERT). Here's a description of what that's all about:
"The Medical Emergency Response Team (MERT) program provides advanced medical emergency training to non-HealthCare professionals. This training furnishes each MERT member with the skills to provide immediate and temporary care to a seriously ill or injured employee at the workplace. This care is delivered during "everyday" emergencies and in the event of a local disaster (such as an earthquake, explosion, Haz- Mat spill, etc."
Basically it entails 36 hours of training, including CPR/AED, First Aid, fire extinguisher, bloodborne pathogens and building evacuation. Today I completed my CPR and AED certifications and next week I'll be taking First Aid. The bulk of the rest of the training is done on 3 consecutive Fridays, all day. I'm really looking forward to being able to help people out.

No comments: