Thursday, March 6, 2008

Okay, maybe I should try listening...


I always forget how much more of the song you hear when you put headphones on. And now I realize that the song "Sheep" by Pink Floyd is a totally obvious attack on people who follow with blind faith. I know what you're thinking, "Duh dumbass, the song is called 'Sheep.' Where the fuck have you been?' And I have no idea how I missed this before. Although in my defense, the best and most blatant part of the song is spoken in a kind of computer voice that you can barely hear over the background music. It was only with my headphones on that I caught it. It's pretty funny, at least to me. Here's what that part says:

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want
He makes me down to lie
Through pastures green He leadeth me the silent waters by.
With bright knives He releaseth my soul.
He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places.
He converteth me to lamb cutlets,
For lo, He hath great power, and great hunger.
When cometh the day we lowly ones,
Through quiet reflection, and great dedication
Master the art of karate,
Lo, we shall rise up,
And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water.

No comments: